You’re going to see something different at this season’s weddings: brides are covering up a little more in wedding gowns with sleeves. All types of sleeves, too – from little cap sleeves to elbow-length sleeves to long sleeves that extend beyond the wrist.
Sleeves are lacy, beaded, sheer, in the same or contrasting fabric as the gown itself. Gowns with sleeves are perfect for winter weddings, evening weddings and traditional settings. And if you want the best of both worlds, there are lots of options for wedding jackets, lace boleros and even pretty cardigans for covering up a sleeveless gown for the ceremony.
Since paper trends follow fashion trends, it should be no surprise that wedding invitations and accessories are on the “sleeve” theme, too! Layers, wraps and envelopes add the extra touch of romance to invitations and accessories that sleeves do to wedding dresses.
Take a look at these for ideas:
- Get the cap sleeve look with our Black Die Cut Invitation. Laser-cut daisies in the corners hold the invitation.
- Our Rustic Lace Wrap Boxes are simple favor boxes wrapped with a lace-printed band for a special look.
- Even wedding invitations can have the look of a bolero! Our Vintage Lace Invitation has an exquisite laser-cut wrap.
- The sheer wrap of our Filigree Letters Invitation is like a soft, sheer wedding gown sleeve.
- The ultimate invitation elegance: when it’s presented in a real lace envelope!
Get inspired by your dress, and dress up your invitation to match!
Want to see more? View all wrap invitations
Image: Kristen Weaver