You’ve said “I do” and cut the cake and come home from the honeymoon and put away the gifts. Before you get totally settled into married life, there’s one more important wedding task you need to do: write thank you notes. Ideally you want to send thank you notes within a month after getting back from the honeymoon.
Don’t stress! Here are five tips for how to write wedding thank you notes.
- Choose thank you notes guests will remember from our vast selection of designs. Photo thank you notes are a great idea for making notes extra personal.
- Hand writing your thank you notes is a must. This shows your guests that you took the time to thank them personally.
- Having everything you need ready to go will help make writing go smoothly: your thank you notes, envelopes, a good pen, your gift book, address list and address labels. Check out envelope embellishments for elegant address stamps, which make a wonderful keepsake you can use long after you’re married.
- Make the notes simple, sweet, and from the heart. You want to thank people not just for the gift, but also for supporting you at an important time in your life. Start by recalling a moment with them from the wedding or how it felt to see them at your special day
- Mention the gift by name and include a personal detail about it. This can be as simple as how you plan to use it.
Ready, set, write!