If you or a friend is expecting a little girl in the coming months, chances are you’ll be throwing a baby shower! But if you want to go beyond the generic “pink” theme for the big bash, we’ve got a few other party planning ideas for a stand-out theme.
- Daisy-themed: Decorate your space with a variety of freshly picked daisies, have your baker decorate your cupcakes or cake with the flower, and incorporate the color yellow every chance you get.
- Craft-themed: Add a little vintage flair to your shower with paper dolls. Set up a craft station so your guests can create special handmade gifts for the new bundle of joy.
- Tiffany-themed: What girl doesn’t love Tiffany’s jewelry? Go crazy with incorporating the sweet and girly shade of Tiffany blue. Incorporate pops of silver in your centerpieces or other decorations for some contrast.
- Bookworm-themed: Create a love of reading at a very early age with this book-themed bash. Take a trip to the thrift store to pick up some old books in various shades of pink – these work great for centerpieces. Simply stack a few up, put a vase of flowers on top and you’re done!
- G is for girl: This theme is especially perfect if the mother-to-be is a teacher. Include retro books and brown bag lunches for a 1950s schoolhouse theme. Feel free to grab some decor and food items that start with a G to go along with the theme.