Having a fall wedding, but don’t want to decorate with the clichéd gourds and wheat and mums and corn shocks?
Subtle is your word. Because it’s the little details that will make the most impact at an autumn wedding. Here are some ideas:
• Pin escort cards to tiny pumpkins and guide guests to their tables with a touch of the season.
• Instead of wedding cake, offer guests seasonal fruits prepared in yummy ways, like apple tart, roasted pear crème brûlée, candied figs, sugared grapes and fresh pomegranate.
• Use non-traditional fall colors, like deep purple and intense blue.
• Add in unique patterns and textures that for a rich look. Think brocade, tweed, plaids, quilting, stripes and more.
• Give your bridesmaids matching cardigans to wear over their dresses. They’ll be stylish and warm in the cool weather.
• Send guests home with unique favors like a beautiful apple and some gourmet caramels in a cellophane bag with a personalized label.
Get creative and add your own “wow” details to your fall wedding.