It’s fall. Time to yank out those faded summer flowers, put away the brightly colored items and turn over a new leaf in your décor.
As in, an actual new leaf. Leaves, really. On gourds. It’s easy, it’s beautiful and it will bring autumn inside.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• a gourd or a pumpkin (this gourd had been dried)
• craft paint – we used cream acrylic craft paint from the craft store
• Mod Podge® – also found at the craft store
• leaves – take a basket and go gathering! (Frolick! Make a pile! Jump!)
Here’s what you’ll do:
• paint the gourd and let dry
• working in small sections, apply Mod Podge to the gourd, place the leaf on the sticky surface, and apply a layer of Mod Podge over the leaf
(tip: thicker leaf stems need to be cut off completely because they’re too thick for the Mod Podge to keep flat)
• continue working in small sections until you’re happy with the look
• then customize with a monogram tag (find our Rustic Charm favor tags here tied with rustic ribbon) (get our Jute Ribbon here).
Fall in love with the look? Make more to decorate and to give as gifts!