Wedding invitations not only set the tone of your nuptials, they present your guests with vital information for the big day. And while sending out these invites may seem like a simple task at first glance, there are actually quite a few things that must be kept in mind. Here are a few of the basics to follow when it comes time to send these out:
- Send invitations out at six to eight weeks before the wedding date.
- Make your RSVP date two to three weeks before the big day to allow the caterer to get a final head count.
- Obviously, you’ll want to include your name and your groom-to-be’s name, as well as the date, location, time of the nuptials and RSVP information.
- Note the dress code in the lower right-hand corner of the invitation.
- Save the wedding website information for the save the dates.
- If you don’t want children at your wedding, include a handwritten note to guests politely explaining your preferences.
- When addressing envelopes, spell out titles and degrees like doctor, and always use Mrs. and Mr. for married couples.