When you’re planning your mismatched look, it’s best to keep the dresses the same length: all floor length, all mini, all knee length, etc. Your wedding party and photos will look balanced, well planned and fabulous. Here are some ideas on getting your mismatched look right.
First, experiment with different shades of your wedding color to see which colors will give you a mismatched but coordinated look. Then…
• Play with patterns. Floral, stripe, brocade, dots – all will look great together in the same color palette.
• Different fabrics (satin, chiffon, silk, etc.) in the same color scheme will give your wedding party look texture and unique style.
• Use the same color and fabric, but have each bridesmaid choose her dress style (strapless, sleeveless, full skirt, sheath, etc.).
• If you’re going for a sparkling look, have your maids wear a combination of beaded, sequin, satin and chiffon dresses in the same color like silver, gold or copper.
• Each bridesmaid can wear the same style of dress in different colors, patterns (like floral, stripes, dots, etc.).
• Your maid of honor could wear a different dress in a pattern, style, color or length that will make her special status stand out.
Have fun with your mismatched bridesmaids’ dresses look!