It's May! This means one thing: Memorial Day is fast approaching. This day commemorates U.S. soldiers who died while in military service. People celebrate this special day with fireworks, parades and, of course, parties. Here are a few party planning ideas for your upcoming festivities:
- Set the tone: Get your guests in the right mood by sending them invitations fit for the occasion. This Patriotic Stars – Party Invitation – Shimmer should do the trick!
- Spirited drinks: Yes, even your drinks can be red, white and blue. For those old enough to enjoy alcoholic beverages, try red, white and blue sangria. Fill a pitcher with sliced strawberries, blueberries and pineapple cut into star shapes. Add two bottles of dry white wine, 1 cup Triple Sec, ½ cup berry-flavored vodka, ½ cup fresh lemon juice and ½ cup simple syrup for a very patriotic and tasty drink.
- Decorate: String red, white and blue lights in the trees and bushes for a fun, tried-and-true glow for after the sun goes down.
- Simple desserts: Get a set of clear glasses and fill them up with layers of fresh strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream for a spirited sweet treat that looks just as delicious as it tastes.
- Offer craft beers: Instead of sticking with one type, offer a variety of craft beers that represent different parts of the country. Pack them into a tub of ice and enjoy!