As summer fades into fall and fall into winter, we anticipate bridal couples and customers in general will remain wrapped up in the burlap trend that is so visible today.
The desire to deliver warm, rustic charm will be seen in special events from down-home weddings to cozy holiday parties. Dashes of burlap and lace are sure to be a big part of décor during the fall and winter months, along with glowing candlelight and warm hues.
Following are some tips and ideas to help you make the most of this booming trend that appears to be sticking around at least until the snow flies.
- Let the world know you have invitations and accessories that support the rustic charm trend. You might consider creating an email campaign that highlights some of the items. If you just can’t find the time for an all-out campaign, simply mention it in your e-mail signature with a small image showing your favorite item of the bunch.
- Mention the trend and the items you have to support it in your voicemail message. Keep it short, but easy to understand exactly what you’re promoting.
- Set up a store display that features a variety of vintage charm items, and don’t forget the burlap! Order some burlap bands (online item number: KEK1512BURL) to show off its versatility. Wrap one around your pen holder at your desk or near your cash register.
- Plan an open house for early fall. Let the smell of hot apple cider fill the air while the warmth of glowing candles cast their light on your display(s). Order some Burlap Border napkins (online item number: KEN22341NAP) for guests to see, feel and use while they browse your store, enjoying the treats you’ve provided.
- Another display consideration is one that features the Featherpress™ Collection that was in the Spotlight article last issue. These invitations and enclosure cards also give off the vintage vibe that customers are looking for.
- Utilize our Look Book as you work with your customers. This is another fantastic tool that features a selection of currently trending themes, including rustic, western, and even destination weddings that could all easily incorporate burlap in the design and décor.
- With the variety of product available related to burlap, upselling is easy. Show your customer planning a rustic-themed wedding the many burlap accessories that are available, as well: save the dates, favor bags, wine bags, guest books and pen sets, pillows, flower baskets, garters, unity candles, etc.
- Have some fun making special treats for your customers using our burlap favor bags and filling them with small, wrapped candy. Hand them out to customers browsing your store or use them as “bag stuffers.”
- Our Themes & Dreams™, quite personally™!, and 20THIRTEEN™ albums offer a nice selection of burlap-themed products. If you do not have these albums in your collection and would like to see if you qualify for placement, please contact Dealer Records by phone (800) 580-1707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you don’t qualify for album placement, you might consider another option… the new Carlson Craft Online Store! If you are interested in increasing sales with this great tool, contact the Carlson Craft E-Commerce team by phone (866) 577-9751 or email email@example.com. In the meantime, feel free to visit www.carlsoncraftproducts.com and enter “burlap,” “rustic” or “vintage” in the search field to see and get familiar with the various products that are available.
- Don’t forget to upsell accessory items and holiday cards in an effort to keep customers coming to you as their one-stop-got-it-all shop!
Holiday Card: YM28353FCDC